Re: [antitrust-policy] how does that affect those with no competitive interests?

"Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com> Sun, 22 January 2012 15:12 UTC

Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 10:12:10 -0500
From: "Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com>
To: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Cc: antitrust-policy@ietf.org, Russ Housley <housley@vigilsec.com>, Marshall Eubanks <marshall.eubanks@gmail.com>, Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
Subject: Re: [antitrust-policy] how does that affect those with no competitive interests?

Actually, I would parse it somewhat differently.
The behaviors to be avoided are to be avoided by everyone.
It is just that it is hard to imagine an incentive for some participants
to engage in such behavior.
So much the better.  Then they will comply with the guidelines.

There is, as far as I can tell, no need for the description to recognize
different classes of participants.  Which is good as I do not want to be
classifying participants by their sponsorship.

Yours,
Joel