Re: Appletalk Network across Internet

Phil Morton <pmorton@cisco.com> Mon, 28 February 1994 12:44 UTC

Date: Mon, 28 Feb 1994 03:52:58 -0800
To: mewan@iastate.edu, apple-ip@cayman.cayman.com
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Phil Morton <pmorton@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: Appletalk Network across Internet

Try IPTalk - it's available from Hyde Park Software.
Email info@hydepark.com

Phil Morton

At 11:53 PM 2/26/94 -0600, mewan@iastate.edu wrote:
>Dear Sir:
>
>Hello!  My name is Jude M. Mallawaaratchy, and I am a Proffessor of Mechanical
>Engineering at Iowa State University.  I read your name on Internet in a
>helpfile about Macintosh networking and wondered if you could please help me.
>
>I own two Macintosh computers, one in Minnesota("MinnHD") and the other in
>Iowa("IowaHD"), and both are connected to Internet and have their own IP
>addresses.  IowaHD is serving as one of hundreds of campus-wide fileservers
>in a network containing several Appletalk Zones.
>
>Is it possible to somehow incorporate MinnHD into the Appletalk network in
>Iowa State via Internet and thus allow me easy remote access to IowaHD and
>other fileservers at Iowa State?
>
>I currently use an ARA connection via modem to achieve this task.  But a
>similar connection via Internet would be so much quicker and reliable than
>any modem connection, and much more accessible than ftp.  I would really
>appreciate any help or advice you could offer me on how to achieve my goal.
>
>Thank you.
>				Sincerely,
>				Jude M. Mallawaaratchy
>				mewan@iastate.edu

Phil Morton                                     Cisco Systems
Software Engineer                               1525 O'Brien Drive
415 688 7632                                    Menlo Park, CA 94025
"We're all victims of software and programmers are the perpetrators"