MacTCP 2.0.4 and Multicast Support

John Veizades <veizades@ftp.com> Wed, 29 December 1993 17:49 UTC

To: apple-ip@cayman.cayman.com
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: John Veizades <veizades@ftp.com>
Subject: MacTCP 2.0.4 and Multicast Support
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1993 09:00:25 -0000

I am in search of a developer that can take over the completion of some work
that adds multicast support to MacTCP 2.0.4.

The current code base is all but complete but I haven't had the time to finish
the testing of the software.  This code depend on the Shared Library Manager
and though it is quite small ~300 lines of C++ code it is complicated.  The
developer I am looking for should have a familiarity with theShared Library
Manager, C++, MPW, MDev development (this stuff uses many of the same data
structures),and of course TCP/IP and MacTCP.  The developer must also have
access to an adequate test bed including routers that support IGMP.  The
developer must also be willing and able to provide the code to the user
community as a shareware product and be able to support the software in a
reasonable fashion.

The implementation of IP multicast implements the full IGMP protocol.
It includes two portions one that implements the registration of
multicast addresses with the ethernet card and the other that implements the
IGMP protocol.  The programming interface to this code is through two calls
that are registered with the Shared Library Manager.  This code uses private
interfaces in MacTCP (I added these interfaces with the anticipation of doing
this work in my previous job) and as such the code will be licensed without
the possibility of making the source freely available.

If your are interested in such an opportunity please drop me a line at
veizades@ftp.com.

John...

P.S.  The reason that I am not releasing this code myself is that I don't have a
test bed to complete the  work and that I don't have the time to complete this
work.