[apps-discuss] Which thread would you like this discussion on (was: http authentication thread)

John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com> Sun, 09 January 2011 20:46 UTC

Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 15:47:58 -0500
From: John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com>
To: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@stpeter.im>, Alexey Melnikov <alexey.melnikov@isode.com>
Cc: apps-discuss@ietf.org
Subject: [apps-discuss] Which thread would you like this discussion on (was: http authentication thread)

Dear Area Directors,

Someone brought this to the Apps-Discuss list.  I can only
assure you that it wasn't me.  If you want discussions on
http-auth, websec, kitten --or any of a variety of other lists
to which I (and I suspect many others who want to follow
apps-discuss) have no time to subscribe--  then please ask
people to take/keep the discussion off of apps-discuss so that
those of us who are trying only to take a broad applications
view can claim ignorance (and, if appropriate, WGs with an
excessively narrow focus) when a specific proposal comes up on
IETF Last Call.   Otherwise, if the topic is going to be
cross-posted and cross-discussed on multiple lists, those who
are moderating those lists should be prepared to accept traffic
that arose as a consequence of posting to the others.

One or the other.

thanks,
    john