Re: [apps-discuss] Applications Area Directorate team leader

Claudio Allocchio <Claudio.Allocchio@garr.it> Wed, 08 May 2013 10:12 UTC

Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 12:11:28 +0200
From: Claudio Allocchio <Claudio.Allocchio@garr.it>
To: Applications Area Directors <app-ads@tools.ietf.org>
Cc: SM <sm+ietf@elandsys.com>, Apps Discuss <apps-discuss@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [apps-discuss] Applications Area Directorate team leader

On Wed, 8 May 2013, Applications Area Directors wrote:

> SM has been the team leader of the Applications Area Directorate [1]
> (formerly the Applications Area Review Team) for a good long time now.
> He's been asking us to find a new team leader for a while; we've
> shuffled our feet and dawdled, because SM's done such a good job at it
> and we haven't wanted to lose him.
>
> We have, however, finally taken action on this.  We've asked Claudio
> Allocchio to work with SM to transition into the role, and he has
> agreed to do so.
>
> Many thanks to Claudio for taking this on, and many more thanks to SM
> for having done it so well for so long.  And thanks to all those who
> serve on the Directorate: the reviews and other advice are a great
> help to the Applications ADs, and we very much appreciate the work.

thanks Barry and Pete, and of course SM for your wonderful job which makes
a serious challenge for me to be able to do "keep the high standard
quality" ! :-)

As we are transitioning, it is likely that you see messages both from
myself and SM coming to you for a while, but it won't be a problem.

See you all soon!

> Barry and Pete, Applications Area Directors
>
> [1] http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/ApplicationsAreaDirectorate

Claudio Allocchio             G   A   R   R          Claudio.Allocchio@garr.it
                         Senior Technical Officer
tel: +39 040 3758523      Italian Academic and       G=Claudio; S=Allocchio;
fax: +39 040 3758565        Research Network         P=garr; A=garr; C=it;

            PGP Key: http://www.cert.garr.it/PGP/keys.php3#ca