Re: [apps-discuss] Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-webfinger-10.txt> (WebFinger) to Proposed Standard

Alissa Cooper <acooper@cdt.org> Thu, 21 March 2013 13:44 UTC

From: Alissa Cooper <acooper@cdt.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 09:44:33 -0400
To: "Paul E. Jones" <paulej@packetizer.com>
Cc: webfinger@ietf.org, ietf@ietf.org, apps-discuss@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [apps-discuss] Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-webfinger-10.txt> (WebFinger) to Proposed Standard

I suggest adding the sentence without the word "implicitly." The result would be:

"Further, WebFinger MUST NOT be used to provide any personal information to any party unless explicitly authorized by the person whose information is being shared. Publishing one's personal data within an access-controlled or otherwise limited environment on the Internet does not equate to providing authorization of further publication of that data via WebFinger."

Thanks,
Alissa