[apps-discuss] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-nottingham-http-browser-hints-01.txt

Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> Fri, 27 May 2011 05:07 UTC

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 15:07:38 +1000
To: Apps Discuss <apps-discuss@ietf.org>
Subject: [apps-discuss] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-nottingham-http-browser-hints-01.txt

FYI.

This draft adds two new hints: chunk-req-bodies and omit-cookies, at the suggestion of Patrick McManus and Poul-Henning Kamp respectively (thanks).

Another question Poul brought up was making it possible to have some hints be more fine-grained. omit-cookies would be a good example for this; instead of applying to the entire server, it could look something like:

'omit-cookies': {'/images/': true, '/images/user_special': false}

I'm a bit wary of making the file too verbose or complex, but the specific use case seems attractive. It could also be useful for the referer-related directives.

Thoughts? One approach to this would be to make the entire file some sort of map to the site, but my initial reaction is that this raises the bar for parsing too high.

Cheers,

Begin forwarded message: