[apps-discuss] FW: New Version Notification for draft-mavrogiannopoulos-tpmuri-00.txt

<Carolin.Latze@swisscom.com> Fri, 12 April 2013 14:36 UTC

From: Carolin.Latze@swisscom.com
To: apps-discuss@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 14:36:24 +0000
x-originating-ip: [193.222.87.68]
Subject: [apps-discuss] FW: New Version Notification for draft-mavrogiannopoulos-tpmuri-00.txt

Hi all

In January, we submitted an I-D that described how you can identify keys
that are stored inside a TPM. Just recently we learned that it might be of
interest for the the appsarea to discuss this I-D.

This proposal has been inspired by the PKCS#11 URI. We believe that those
URIs are a great possibility to identify keys stored in security modules
in order to use them for instance in standard TLS libraries. Although the
TPM has a PKCS#11 interface (well let's put it like this:  it is possible
to create a PKCS#11 interface around a TPM), it is much more common and
powerful to work without such an interface. Therefore we propose to define
another URI for TPM secured keys.

Best regards
Carolin