Re: [apps-discuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-appsawg-about-uri-scheme-01.txt

"Jiankang YAO" <yaojk@cnnic.cn> Wed, 01 February 2012 00:51 UTC

From: "Jiankang YAO" <yaojk@cnnic.cn>
To: <apps-discuss@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 08:51:49 +0800
Subject: Re: [apps-discuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-appsawg-about-uri-scheme-01.txt

I looked through the draft.
The editor pointed out the following two issues in the draft, which need the WG to solve.

Issue 1)In the section 2.1 of the draft,

     about-token = *( unreserved / pct-encoded )
               ; for the WG discussion: the possible variants are:
               ; = *pchar     or = segment
               ; = 1*pchar    or = segment-nz
               ; = segment-nz-nc
               ; this is to be decided by WG.

  The editor suggests the wg to solve it.

Issue 2) For the iana consideration: 4.2 A Registry for Registered Tokens,
the editor asks:
  [[for the WG discussion:  I, as the WG participant, am convinced that
   we do need Specification Required here.  This is a burden, but this
   (and the expert) will give us a warranty that the registered token is
   really useful and is really part of some serious project, probably
   standardization effort.  I'd like this also would be discussed in the
   WG, and the WG would change its mind.  (Moreover, as I don't expect
   the registrations to be very often, this won't take a great deal of
   experts' time.)]]

Any comments about these 2 issues?

Thanks.

Jiankang Yao