[apps-discuss] Candidates for Applications Area Director position

Alexey Melnikov <alexey.melnikov@isode.com> Mon, 26 September 2011 22:11 UTC

Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 23:07:27 +0100
From: Alexey Melnikov <alexey.melnikov@isode.com>
To: apps-discuss@ietf.org
Subject: [apps-discuss] Candidates for Applications Area Director position

Greetings,

I've checked the list of candidates for the Apps AD position and I am
only seeing 3(*) candidates who accepted the nomination. I frankly find
this to be very unfortunate. There is less then 1 week left to nominate
people. So, if you can think of a person who can do the job who is not
on the list, please please please nominate them before October 2nd. If
you are a person who thinks that he/she can do the job, please don't be
shy and nominate yourself. In my humble opinion an average IETF Apps
Area attendee is quite ignorant on such matters (including myself), so
in many cases might not even think that a person is even available or
likely to accept.
And finally, if you are the person who was nominated and thinks that you
can't do the job this time, please think very hard before declining the
nomination. While I can tell you that being on IESG requires lots of
hard work, I think many past ADs confirm that they enjoyed the
experience and don't regret doing it.

Thank you for listening,
Alexey

(*) As NomCom is using open list for nominees this years I don't think
I've disclose any confidential information that people can't find out
from the NomCom wiki anyway.