Alexey's Apps Area Activity Report for November 2009-mid February 2010

Alexey Melnikov <alexey.melnikov@isode.com> Wed, 17 February 2010 18:49 UTC

Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 18:50:49 +0000
From: Alexey Melnikov <alexey.melnikov@isode.com>
To: Apps Discuss <discuss@ietf.org>
Subject: Alexey's Apps Area Activity Report for November 2009-mid February 2010
Cc: alexey-melnikov-chairs@tools.ietf.org

Approved the following BOFs in Anaheim:
- NewPrep (updates to StringPrep and its profiles)
- IRDE (Internet Registration Escrow)
- DECADE - I hope this will become a WG before Anaheim.

Document Status and Progress:

Active documents, my action:
- draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports (BCP) - need to re-review
- draft-gudmundsson-dns-srv-iana-registry - need to re-review
- draft-reschke-rfc2231-in-http (Proposed Standard) - need to do AD review

Active documents in IETF LC or IESG review:
- draft-allbery-afs-srv-records (Proposed Standard) - in IESG review
- draft-gould-rfc4310bis (Proposed Standard) - in IESG review (the
following telechat)
- draft-ietf-vcarddav-carddav (Proposed Standard) - past IESG review,
waiting for draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports to be done

In RFC Editor's queue:
draft-dusseault-http-patch (Proposed Standard)
draft-ietf-eai-downgraded-display (Experimental)
draft-ietf-eai-imap-utf8 (Experimental) - in AUTH48
draft-ietf-eai-pop (Experimental) - in AUTH48
draft-ietf-webdav-bind (Experimental)
draft-klensin-ftp-registry (Proposed Standard)
draft-reschke-rfc2731bis (Informational)
draft-roach-sip-http-subscribe (Proposed Standard)

Published as RFCs:
- draft-ietf-vcarddav-webdav-mkcol (Proposed Standard) - RFC 5689
- RFC 3848 progressed to Draft Standard

Active documents, waiting on others:
- draft-cridland-acap-vendor-registry (Proposed Standard) - New revision
needed.
- draft-duerst-mailto-bis - IETF LC ended, need a new revision
- draft-denenberg-mods-etc-media-types (Proposed Standard) - New
revision needed.
- draft-desruisseaux-caldav-sched (Proposed Standard) - performed AD
review, new revision needed
- draft-hethmon-mcmurray-ftp-hosts (Proposed Standard) - performed AD
review, new revision needed
draft-zeilenga-ldap-dontusecopy (Proposed Standard) - performed AD
review, new revision needed
- draft-daboo-srv-email (Proposed Standard) - waiting for
draft-saintandre-tls-server-id-check to be updated before progressing
this document
- draft-dawkins-ldapext-subnot - performed informal review
- draft-burnett-pronunciation-alphabet-registry (None) - waiting for
authors to address comments from a Language Tag expert reviewer (Doug Ewell)
- draft-ietf-eai-mailinglist (Experimental) - waiting for updated draft
and write-up before initiating IETF LC

List of DISCUSSes I am currently holding:
Old:
draft-ietf-sip-certs-09.txt
draft-ietf-dime-diameter-qos-13.txt
draft-ietf-mmusic-connectivity-precon-06.txt
draft-ietf-sipping-rtcp-summary-08.txt
draft-moriarty-post-inch-rid-10.txt
draft-ietf-pkix-new-asn1-07.txt
draft-drage-sipping-service-identification-03.txt
draft-mraihi-inch-thraud-09.txt

New or recently updated (last 3 weeks):
draft-gennai-smime-cnipa-pec-05.txt
draft-bryan-metalink-28.txt
draft-josefsson-kerberos5-starttls-08.txt

New as of this week:
draft-ietf-geopriv-lis-discovery-13.txt
draft-ietf-geopriv-geo-uri-04.txt
draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-vendor-message-01.txt
draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-vendor-message-01.txt

Cleared DISCUSSes:
draft-ietf-bfd-base
draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-proto
draft-wilde-sms-uri
draft-ietf-ospf-manet-or
draft-housley-tls-authz-extns
draft-ietf-nea-pa-tnc
draft-ietf-nea-pb-tnc
draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-capability-negotiation
draft-ietf-netconf-partial-lock
draft-ietf-calsify-2446bis
draft-peterson-rai-rfc3427bis
draft-ietf-avt-rtcpssm
draft-ietf-ipfix-export-per-sctp-stream
draft-ietf-ntp-dhcpv6-ntp-opt
draft-ietf-mip4-generic-notification-message
draft-ietf-pkix-ta-format

Other activities/actions:

Done:
- IRI and MARF WG were charted
- LTRU and Lemonade WG were closed
- Finished writing response to YAM pre-evaluation of 1652bis, after
various discussions with the YAM WG and IESG
- Reviewed application/3gpp-ims+xml MIME type registration for IESG
- Reviewed some MIME type registration from W3C (I don't remember which now)
- draft-ietf-sasl-scram (my own document) in RFC Editor's queue
- draft-melnikov-sasl-scram-ldap (my own document) in RFC Editor's queue
- draft-melnikov-imap-keywords (my own document) in RFC Editor's queue
- SASL GS2 approved for publication (acting as a document shepherd, not
as the responsible AD)
- draft-sharikov-idn-reg - performed review for independent submission
to RFC Editor

Ongoing:
- Discussing BOFs for Anaheim (NewPrep (updates to StringPrep and its
profiles), IRDE (Internet Registration Escrow), DECADE)
- Need to finish iMIP draft [ietf-calsify-rfc2447bis] (my own document)

My action:
- Need to review OAuth document regarding possible reuse of SCRAM
- Need to post 4954bis (SMTP AUTH) in order to start moving it to Draft
Standard
- draft-ietf-sieve-external-lists (my own document) - needs updating.
Thanks to Barry Leiba for picking this up.

Waiting for others:
- Suggestion to move LMTP to Standard Track (Ned Freed agreed to update
the document, then responded that John Myers is interested to do this
himself. Chris Newman agreed to shepherd it)
- Suggestion to convert MIME BNF to ABNF and publish as a separate
draft (Ned Freed agreed to do this)

WG Status:
1) EAI - Resolved IESG issues with Downgraded display document with help
from Barry Leiba. WGLC on EAI mailing list document ended. Lots of
discussions about what to do with downgrade document when moving to
Standards Track/discussions about rechartering.
2) VWRAP - authors working on updated drafts, all of them are individual
submissions for now.
3) YAM - Dave Crocker updated 1652bis preevaluation document, updated
1652bis based on IESG pre-evaluation. WGLC on 5321bis pre-evaluation
document. Some side discussions about use of DNS SRV records for email.
4) MORG - SORTDISPLAY in WGLC in December. Losts of discussions about
multimailbox search, XLIST (Gmail's extension) and other documents recently.
5) VCARDDAV - vCardDAV document is effectively done, but it is blocked
on DNS Ports and Service's registry document
(draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports). Some discussions on use of geo: URIs,
non-gregorian dates, etc.