Re: [apps-discuss] Internationalization Terminlogy

"J-F C. Morfin" <jfc@morfin.org> Sun, 15 May 2011 23:27 UTC

Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 01:27:18 +0200
To: apps-discuss@ietf.org, EAI WG list <ima@ietf.org>, IDNABIS WG list <idna-update@alvestrand.no>
From: "J-F C. Morfin" <jfc@morfin.org>
Cc: Paul Hoffman <phoffman@imc.org>
Subject: Re: [apps-discuss] Internationalization Terminlogy

John,
Good work. I have just searched the text for some words. I note that:

- "globalization" is missing which is embarassing as Unicode uses to
say (if I am correct) globalization = internationalization  +
localization + language tagging.
- "langtag" term is missing, so is their IANA table (largest by far
IANA file). RFC 5646 is named. RFC 4647 is  quoted, but not
explained, so  "language filtering" is not alluded to.
- "linguistic diversity" is missing. Not an IETF word but the IETF
targets its support?
- "majuscules" are named, but uncorrectly explained: in latin
languages, at least, an upper case may be a majuscule, but a
majuscule may not be printed as an upper case, or stays a majuscule
even if incorrectly printed as a lower case.
- "plurilingual" is not quoted which is different from multilingual?
- "linguistic independance" is not alluded to - ex. using digital codes.
- "orthotypograpy" is missing in IETF

jfc