Re: [apps-discuss] Spam reporting over IMAP

"Murray S. Kucherawy" <msk@cloudmark.com> Mon, 09 January 2012 23:48 UTC

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <msk@cloudmark.com>
To: "apps-discuss@ietf.org" <apps-discuss@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 15:48:45 -0800
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [apps-discuss] Spam reporting over IMAP

I did, and thanks for that.

I think at this point perhaps a higher-level question is in order: Are we (either IETF in general, or APPSAWG specifically) interested in or willing to put time into developing this in conjunction with OMA?  Would this be something ultimately beneficial to have, and have it come from us?

I suppose I'm also concerned with the idea of an external SDO, on getting a "no" from us, deciding they want to do this anyway so they publish their own (unsanctioned, of course) IMAP extension only to have it see some level of ubiquity as a result.  Indeed it may be possible that this is coming to us only because some OMA member organizations have already developed and are deploying this, at least experimentally.  There's friction between geopriv and OMA's LOC WG of this nature already which I'd just as soon resolve sooner rather than later somehow.

-MSK