Re: [aqm] draft-white-aqm-docsis-pie [was: working group status]

"Eggert, Lars" <lars@netapp.com> Fri, 16 January 2015 09:18 UTC

From: "Eggert, Lars" <lars@netapp.com>
To: Greg White <g.white@cablelabs.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 09:13:14 +0000
x-mailer: Apple Mail (2.1993)
x-originating-ip: [10.122.56.79]
Cc: Wesley Eddy <wes@mti-systems.com>, "aqm@ietf.org" <aqm@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [aqm] draft-white-aqm-docsis-pie [was: working group status]

Hi,

in the spirit of documenting what is deployed in the network today, I want to thank Greg and Rong for writing up what DOCSIS is shipping, and I think that it should be published as Informational.

Having it go via the WG has IMO the advantage that the wording will get more review, and so the explanation of what DOCSIS is doing may end up being more clear. (The WG obviously can't really ask for technical changes, since this is merely documenting what DOCSIS has already decided to do.)

Lars