Re: [aqm] ECN: was Control Theoretic Analyses of PI(E)

KK <kk@cs.ucr.edu> Tue, 27 January 2015 15:58 UTC

Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 07:55:43 -0800
From: KK <kk@cs.ucr.edu>
To: Vishal Misra <misra@cs.columbia.edu>, Dave Taht <dave.taht@gmail.com>
Cc: John Leslie <john@jlc.net>, "aqm@ietf.org" <aqm@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [aqm] ECN: was Control Theoretic Analyses of PI(E)

Because of DCTCP¹s differences in the approach to marking and the
different control reaction at the end-system, I have wondered about 2
things:
1) How it interoperates with the flows that have to go over the WAN -
where you may have a different marking method, and end-systems that have
the traditional TCP end-system reaction
2) What are the limits for the feedback delay with the marking based on
the instantaneous queue state that is used - and the proportional
controller employed.
Thanks,
--
K. K. Ramakrishnan