Re: [aqm] adoption of draft-white-aqm-docsis-pie-01

Dave Dolson <ddolson@sandvine.com> Wed, 01 April 2015 20:51 UTC

From: Dave Dolson <ddolson@sandvine.com>
To: "Scheffenegger, Richard" <rs@netapp.com>, Greg White <g.white@CableLabs.com>, Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike@swm.pp.se>, Szilveszter Nadas <Szilveszter.Nadas@ericsson.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 20:51:19 +0000
x-originating-ip: [192.168.200.63]
Cc: "'aqm@ietf.org'" <aqm@ietf.org>, "aqm-chairs@tools.ietf.org" <aqm-chairs@tools.ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [aqm] adoption of draft-white-aqm-docsis-pie-01

I'm also reviewing draft-ietf-aqm-docsis-pie-00
(https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-aqm-docsis-pie-00)

In section 3.4, an exponential delay aspect of PIE is mentioned. I just read https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-aqm-pie-00 and saw no mention of this exponential delay. Did I miss it, or is it a mistake for the docsis document to reference this?

draft-ietf-aqm-docsis-pie-00 documents enabling and disabling of PIE control. Is enable/disable used with docsis-pie, or is it always on?

Otherwise, the document seems to contain enough information to document docsis-pie.
The algorithm in section A.2 has quite a few aspects that are not explained, but it seems precise.
(I don't have the knowledge to comment on whether it is accurate.)

-Dave