Re: [aqm] Please review: Benefits and Pitfalls of using ECN

Greg Skinner <gregskinner0@icloud.com> Wed, 18 March 2015 00:38 UTC

To: gorry@erg.abdn.ac.uk
From: Greg Skinner <gregskinner0@icloud.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 00:38:11 +0000
Cc: aqm@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [aqm] Please review: Benefits and Pitfalls of using ECN

I noticed that the RFC 2119 boilerplate text (Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate Requirement Levels such as "MUST") is missing.  IMO, several issues in Section 6 (and possibly Section 7) should have the uncapitalized text replaced with the requirement levels.  (For example, the beginning of the last paragraph of Section 6.1 would start with "A network device MUST NOT change a packet with a CE mark to a zero codepoint ...")

Removing "pitfalls" in the title, and replacing its use in the draft with "operational difficulties", or words to that effect, seems reasonable to me.

Greg