Re: [aqm] Gathering Queue Length Statistics

Jesper Dangaard Brouer <brouer@redhat.com> Wed, 25 February 2015 21:15 UTC

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 10:15:12 +1300
From: Jesper Dangaard Brouer <brouer@redhat.com>
To: Daniel Havey <dhavey@yahoo.com>, Toke Høiland-Jørge nsen <toke@toke.dk>
Cc: Ryan Doyle <rpdoyle@live.unc.edu>, "aqm@ietf.org" <aqm@ietf.org>, Dave Taht <dave.taht@gmail.com>, brouer@redhat.com
Subject: Re: [aqm] Gathering Queue Length Statistics

Hi Ryan,

Follow Daniel's advice, just use netperf-wrapper. I wrote an easy setup
guide for netperf-wrapper here:
 http://netoptimizer.blogspot.co.nz/2014/09/mini-tutorial-for-netperf-wrapper-setup.html

You will love the GUI mode:
 netperf-wrapper --gui

Most powerful thing in the GUI is that you can easy "load" result sets
on-top-of each-other, which allow you to easy compare. And you can save
these as PNG and add them easily to your report :-)

And the secret to (solving) bufferbloat is not the queue length, but
the time-spend in the queue, which is actually easier to derive ;-)

--
Best regards,
  Jesper Dangaard Brouer