[aqm] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-aqm-codel-07: (with COMMENT)

Benoit Claise <bclaise@cisco.com> Wed, 12 April 2017 19:16 UTC

From: Benoit Claise <bclaise@cisco.com>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-aqm-codel@ietf.org, aqm-chairs@ietf.org, wes@mti-systems.com, aqm@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 12:16:25 -0700
Subject: [aqm] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-aqm-codel-07: (with COMMENT)

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-aqm-codel-07: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-aqm-codel/

COMMENT:

Same view as Warren point 1. I just wondered: why this section 5 as that
position?
1: I found the overall structure of the document a little odd -- I'm
assuming that this is an artifact of its history, or merging multiple
documents into one, or similar. It starts off with a nice description of
queuing and CoDel. It then gets all technical with the pseudo-code (which
was really helpful). Where it feels a little odd is that it then suddenly
goes back to being much more introductory feeling (Section 5 - ), and
feels like it repeats some of the earlier material. Reformatting it all
to address this seems like overkill, but perhaps a readers note to
suggest people who want more background should skip ahead then come back.