Re: [aqm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-aqm-eval-guidelines-05.txt

Simon Barber <simon@superduper.net> Mon, 29 June 2015 23:31 UTC

To: aqm@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 16:31:41 -0700
From: Simon Barber <simon@superduper.net>
Subject: Re: [aqm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-aqm-eval-guidelines-05.txt

Section 7.2 does not discuss testing of a very common scenario for
network edge devices - no congestion, and single flow. There are issues
with some AQMs reducing goodput in these scenarios, and there is a trade
off between the achievable latency and maximizing goodput here. The
recommendation should include testing of these common and potential
problem regimes, In particular long RTT and very low numbers of flows
are of concern.

The current definition of mild congestion results in enough flows to
not test the problem areas.

Simon