[aqm] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-aqm-fq-codel-05: (with COMMENT)

"Benoit Claise" <bclaise@cisco.com> Thu, 17 March 2016 00:25 UTC

From: Benoit Claise <bclaise@cisco.com>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 17:25:41 -0700
Cc: wes@mti-systems.com, draft-ietf-aqm-fq-codel@ietf.org, j.schoenwaelder@jacobs-university.de, aqm-chairs@ietf.org, aqm@ietf.org
Subject: [aqm] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-aqm-fq-codel-05: (with COMMENT)

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-aqm-fq-codel-05: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-aqm-fq-codel/

COMMENT:

- Is the following really necessary:

   In this document, these words will appear with that interpretation
   only when in ALL CAPS.  Lower case uses of these words are not to be
   interpreted as carrying [RFC2119] significance.

- section 6
   While FQ-CoDel has been shown in many scenarios to offer significant
   performance gains, there are some scenarios where the scheduling
   algorithm in particular is not a good fit.

Gains compared to?

- From Jürgen's OPS DIR review:
The working draft still says this:

  and we encourage such implementations be widely deployed

It is unclear what 'we' is. This is something I think that needs to be
fixed since people will come up with different interpretation of such
a recommendation. (In a scientific paper, it would be clear that 'we'
refers to the authors but in documents coming out of IETF WGs, the
notion of what is 'we' is not so clear anymore.