Re: [arch-d] iesg: Re: Updates on IAB mailing lists

Toerless Eckert <tte@cs.fau.de> Tue, 21 April 2020 18:04 UTC

Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 20:04:33 +0200
From: Toerless Eckert <tte@cs.fau.de>
To: "Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com>
Cc: "architecture-discuss@ietf.org" <architecture-discuss@ietf.org>, IETF-Discussion list <ietf@ietf.org>
References: <20200420184456.GG5351@faui48f.informatik.uni-erlangen.de> <c8c9947a-9fa5-e208-6560-01f31067a590@gmail.com> <CAHBDyN6b_GFDaxRj1v4n==NjZJMXt11sBSsRcik7R1b0kN4yUA@mail.gmail.com> <93a7ae7f-c2bc-a009-baa9-8671de5ee384@gmail.com> <CAHBDyN5Jf1amBHFXwWVtG1De74M7bvTZaxiX9L1x6TtzNG-nmw@mail.gmail.com> <1b3a6b47-a4b4-1527-0adc-77d4421d8947@joelhalpern.com> <20200421005043.GC19381@faui48f.informatik.uni-erlangen.de> <981f1bcf-ec19-582f-14b6-3e264804c8bc@joelhalpern.com>

Thanks, Joel.

I think in general it would be good to avod creating multiple places
where to look for policies about mailing lists. IMHO the "about" on
mailman should be authoritative.

If a non-wg maiing list seems to need some explicit management
person(s), maybe add that info to the "about". I am not sure
any of the current non-WG IETF mailing lists actually has any
official designated persons for such a rule (except well-known
exceptions such as ietf@ietf.org). IMHO self-management works
usually well, and in the few case where not, one could always
escalate to IESG/IAB. Whether a separate designated SAA is
better i doubt, but no strong opinion.

Chers
    Toerless