Re: [armd] soliciting typical network designs for ARMD

Linda Dunbar <dunbar.ll@gmail.com> Tue, 09 August 2011 18:51 UTC

Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 13:51:49 -0500
From: Linda Dunbar <dunbar.ll@gmail.com>
To: Vishwas Manral <vishwas.ietf@gmail.com>
Cc: armd@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [armd] soliciting typical network designs for ARMD

Vishwas,

In my mind the bullet 1) in the list refers to ToR switches downstream ports
(facing servers) running Layer 2 and ToR uplinks ports run IP Layer 3.

Have you seen data center networks with ToR switches downstream ports (i.e.
facing servers) enabling IP routing, even though the physical links are
Ethernet?
If yes, we should definitely include it in the ARMD draft.

Thanks,
Linda