Re: [armd] how does "draft-sridharan-virtualization-nvgre-00"advertise its external facing hosts' IP addresses to external world?

Vishwas Manral <vishwas.ietf@gmail.com> Wed, 29 February 2012 23:31 UTC

Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 15:31:48 -0800
From: Vishwas Manral <vishwas.ietf@gmail.com>
To: Michael Smith <mksmith@mac.com>
Cc: armd@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [armd] how does "draft-sridharan-virtualization-nvgre-00"advertise its external facing hosts' IP addresses to external world?

Hi Michael,

Please forgive my ignorance here. I guess what you are saying is that the
trigger could be some asynchronous event not initiated by the operator.

However isn't the management entity (not manual intervention) involved in
actually moving the VM and any storage/ state associated with it? If it is
the management entity knows of the movement.

Thanks,
Vishwas