Re: [armd] WG Last Call: draft-ietf-armd-problem-statement-02.txt

Tal Mizrahi <talmi@marvell.com> Sun, 01 April 2012 19:01 UTC

From: Tal Mizrahi <talmi@marvell.com>
To: Benson Schliesser <bschlies@cisco.com>, "armd@ietf.org" <armd@ietf.org>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 22:01:39 +0300
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [armd] WG Last Call: draft-ietf-armd-problem-statement-02.txt

Hi,

Some comments are listed below.
[Better late than never :]

The document is well written, and IMO it is ready to proceed to the IESG processing.

In section 2:
Although these are very basic terms, I suggest to add the acronyms: ARP, ND, VLAN, ToR, EoR.

Section 3 says "Today, it is not uncommon to support 10s of VMs per physical server."
, while section 7.3 says "where a single physical machine now hosts ten (or more) VMs".
==>The number of VMs per physical server should be consistent in the two sections.

Section 4.4.4
The first paragraph sounds like it describes a solution for address scaling, and not a problem. It would be best to rephrase.

Section 4.5.2:
"Virtualization also can place additional requirements on the Aggregation switches in terms of address resolution table size"
This assumes the scenario from 4.4.2 "L3 to Aggregation Switches" - it should be clarified, or rephrased.

In section 7:
The following sentence does not seem relevant any more: "It is a future activity to determine which of these areas can or will be addressed by ARMD or some other IETF WG."

Typos:
"A switch used to aggregate network network connectivity from multiple racks." - the word network appears twice.
"run applications that are are confined" - the word are appears twice.

Regards,
Tal Mizrahi.