[art] Artart last call review of draft-ietf-i2nsf-nsf-monitoring-data-model-12

Valery Smyslov via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Tue, 30 November 2021 14:43 UTC

From: Valery Smyslov via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: art@ietf.org
Cc: draft-ietf-i2nsf-nsf-monitoring-data-model.all@ietf.org, i2nsf@ietf.org, last-call@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 06:43:43 -0800
Subject: [art] Artart last call review of draft-ietf-i2nsf-nsf-monitoring-data-model-12

Reviewer: Valery Smyslov
Review result: Ready with Issues

I am the assigned ART directorate reviewer for this document. These comments
were written primarily for the benefit of the ART area directors.  Document
editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just like any other last call
comments.

The document defines an information model and the YANG data model for an
interface used for monitoring Network Security Functions in the I2NSF framework.

Issues.

1. The YANG Data Model contains human-readable strings, like "src-user",
"message", etc. From description of thees fields they seem to contain a
free-form text with no indication in which language it is written. Section 4.2
of BCP 18 requires that protocols that transfer text MUST provide for carrying
information about the language of that text (e.g. via language tags).

2. There are a number of 32-bit counters in the model. In high performance
networks they would wrap around after a relatively short period of time. It is
not clear how this situation is handled.