Re: [Atlas] Status Update

Russ Housley <housley@vigilsec.com> Fri, 08 June 2018 16:11 UTC

From: Russ Housley <housley@vigilsec.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 12:11:16 -0400
Cc: atlas@ietf.org
To: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>, Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@arm.com>
Subject: Re: [Atlas] Status Update

In the SAAG session in London, we heard that TCP-AO is not being used.  Sadly, people are still using TCP-MD5.  One thing that TCP-AO offers is the ability to roll from one key to the next without tearing down the TCP connection.  To do that, a table of keys is needed.  I think that the TLS key extraction would be a very sound way to populate the key table automatically.  For example, once per week, TLS could be used to populate daily keys.

Russ