Re: Q: modifying a varible in atmTrafficDescrGroup

dxie@mtgbcs.mt.lucent.com Mon, 14 April 1997 22:49 UTC

From: dxie@mtgbcs.mt.lucent.com
To: Sherry Yang <yangs@nortel.ca>, ATM bulliten <atommib@thumper.bellcore.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 17:25:54 -0400
Subject: Re: Q: modifying a varible in atmTrafficDescrGroup

I think Sherry's question raised a problem or flaw in our 1695(ng)
MIB design. In the MIB, there is a traffic profile table
(atmTrafficDescrTable), and  multiple connections can point to the
same traffic profile. Since the MIB structure does not provide
aneasy way to find out whether a traffic profile is used by any
connection or not, it puts a great burden on NMS to search and
find the right traffic profile whenever NMS needs to
create/modify/delete a connection, because it is not easy to know
whether an existing profile is already existing that matches your
need, and it is not easy to know whether you can modify or delete
the traffic profile since it is not easy to find out whether other
connections are also use the same traffic profile.

But I guess we have to live with it.

-- Dawn Xie
    dawnxie@lucent.com