Re: [Autoconf] WG Review: Recharter of Ad-Hoc Network Autoconfiguration (autoconf)

Alexandru Petrescu <alexandru.petrescu@gmail.com> Thu, 05 March 2009 14:03 UTC

Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 15:03:26 +0100
From: Alexandru Petrescu <alexandru.petrescu@gmail.com>
To: HyungJin Lim <dream.hjlim@gmail.com>
Cc: autoconf@ietf.org, iesg@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Autoconf] WG Review: Recharter of Ad-Hoc Network Autoconfiguration (autoconf)

HyungJin Lim a écrit :
> Hi, Alex,
>
> Inline...
>
> 2009/3/5 Alexandru Petrescu <alexandru.petrescu@gmail.com
> <mailto:alexandru.petrescu@gmail.com>>
>
>     Alexandru Petrescu a écrit :
>
>         HyungJin Lim a écrit :
>
>             I'm sorry for correction about the following comment and
>             duplicate comments.
>             My first language is not English.

Well yes I tend to agree but I currently can't understand the
requirements as stated until now.

> The following URL shows a representative scenario we can meet for example.

But the URL shows several scenarios :-)  Which one do you think?  I
myself prefer the left diagram in Figure 5 (egress-to-egress).

> We already have discussed about the practical scenario several times in
> NEMO. and MANEMO.

I agree.

> This is not a new issue but we did not define this I
> think.
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wakikawa-manemoarch-00
>
> Is it right that MANET includes MANEMO ?

Well if the answer were yes, and said so in the Charter, then I'd
certainly have a higher interest in AUTOCONF.

Ever since the MANEMO BoF was re-directed to AUTOCONF never was there
any sign of "NEMO" neither in the old nor new Charter.

Whereas previous Charter was saying "MANET" the current proposal only
says "ad-hoc network" and "ad-hoc unaware" - is this freedom to
interpret it as including NEMO?

Alex