[Autoconf] Next [autoconf] meeting in Anaheim

Thomas Heide Clausen <thomas@thomasclausen.org> Tue, 09 March 2010 18:56 UTC

From: Thomas Heide Clausen <thomas@thomasclausen.org>
To: autoconf@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 19:56:37 +0100
Subject: [Autoconf] Next [autoconf] meeting in Anaheim

Dear friends,

As you know, the next [autoconf] WG meeting is scheduled as follows:

> FRIDAY, March 26, 2010
>
> 0900-1130 Morning Session I
> Huntington	INT	autoconf		Ad-Hoc Network Autoconfiguration WG

Our only charter item is currently undergoing IESG review, the
progress of which you can follow here:

	https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-autoconf-adhoc-addr-model/

This means that we can -- should -- profit from this coming meeting to
discuss how we will approach the solution space, with a coming
rechartering of the wg in mind.

To that end, the chairs would like to solicit agenda-items from the wg
for the Anaheim meeting, including but not limited to, presentations
concerning:

	o	Solution-space descriptions, analysis, etc.
	o	Protocols for autoconfiguration in MANETs, including
	o	Applicability of / intersection with existing IETF protocols
(SLAAC, DHCP, ...)
	o	Surveys of protocols, interesting/appropriate for this space

Over the years, a body of work has been developed/deployed - some of
which has discussed in this WG, much of which documented in (possibly
expired) individual I-Ds, academic papers, whitepapers and elsewhere.
Now would be the time to bring this forward for the WG to study, with
the hope of progressing on developing actual protocols solving the
autoconfiguration problem(s) in MANETs.

Please do send proposed agenda-items / request for presentation slots
to the chairs asap, preferably with pointers to what documentation
exists (even if expired, or if it didn't make it in under the
deadline). We will, then, try to accommodate (time permitting) these
on an agenda - which we will produce as soon as possible.

The chairs would like to profit from the fact that the [autoconf] WG
session is on Friday by trying to get together with presenters (and
other interested) over the week, hoping to make this meeting productive.

We will share our thoughts on directions for WG rechartering in a
separate email.

Sincerely,

Ryuji & Thomas