Re: [Autoconf] updated draft on aspects of multi-hop wireless communication

"Charles E. Perkins" <charles.perkins@earthlink.net> Mon, 23 February 2009 18:20 UTC

Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:21:02 -0800
From: "Charles E. Perkins" <charles.perkins@earthlink.net>
To: Paul Lambert <paul@marvell.com>
Cc: "autoconf@ietf.org" <autoconf@ietf.org>, Emmanuel Baccelli <Emmanuel.Baccelli@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Autoconf] updated draft on aspects of multi-hop wireless communication

Hello Paul,

The document isn't intended to suggest a list of work
items for consideration by [autoconf].  Instead, it is just
a description of common properties of radio and other
wireless links.  These properties are not quite universal,
but they are widespread.  Some of them can be alleviated
a bit by mechanisms below the network protocol level.

So we are not suggesting requirements or work items.
Instead, we simply wanted to make as clear as possible
some of the characteristics of the transmission media
whose widespread availability is motivating the work
of [autoconf].

Your list of issues would, I think, all fit best in a
requirements document.  I am almost certain they
should be considered out of scope for the document
under discussion.

Regards,
Charlie P.