Re: [Autoconf] updated draft on aspects of multi-hop wireless communication

"Teco Boot" <teco@inf-net.nl> Wed, 25 February 2009 07:11 UTC

From: Teco Boot <teco@inf-net.nl>
To: 'Thomas Heide Clausen' <ietf@thomasclausen.org>, 'Rex Buddenberg' <budden@nps.navy.mil>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 08:11:56 +0100
Cc: autoconf@ietf.org, 'Emmanuel Baccelli' <Emmanuel.Baccelli@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Autoconf] updated draft on aspects of multi-hop wireless communication

Minor comment:
I would compare an OLSR Router with an OSPF Router with an DYMO Router and
with an RIP Router, just to come up with a few protocols. I would not
compare an OSPF Router with an MANET Router, this doesn't make sense, an
OSPF Router could be a MANET Router.
I think MANET is a term for a category of routing protocols, similar to link
state protocols (but an orthogonal category).

Teco.