Re: [Autoconf] Updated ad hoc addressing model document

"Teco Boot" <teco@inf-net.nl> Fri, 29 January 2010 16:13 UTC

From: Teco Boot <teco@inf-net.nl>
To: 'Ryuji Wakikawa' <ryuji.wakikawa@gmail.com>, 'Thomas Heide Clausen' <thomas@thomasclausen.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 17:13:56 +0100
Cc: autoconf@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Autoconf] Updated ad hoc addressing model document

Ryuji, Thomas,

I commented on the document.
I don't see any reflection in the document, nor received questions
for clarification.

I am quite uncomfortable with a large drawback of the proposed
addressing model, which makes it unacceptable for the deployed MANETs
I am involved in.
My requirement is that L3 communication between nodes, that have L2
connectivity, must be possible in all conditions, including conditions
with a non-operational MANET protocol.
Maybe this drawback is overlooked or underestimated.

And the text on link locals does not describe how IPv6 works. LLs are
used in MANETs for multiple purposes. We can't without.

My other comments are textual or on incompleteness. Especially, the
document doesn't describe anything useful for assigning globals.

Regards, Teco