Re: [Autoconf] Using DHCPv6 without link-local? Support only EUI-64interfaces?

Alexandru Petrescu <alexandru.petrescu@gmail.com> Mon, 02 August 2010 09:00 UTC

Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 11:00:34 +0200
From: Alexandru Petrescu <alexandru.petrescu@gmail.com>
To: autoconf@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Autoconf] Using DHCPv6 without link-local? Support only EUI-64interfaces?

Le 31/07/2010 13:19, Teco Boot a écrit :
> Chris, thanks for sharing your opinion.
>
> On using DHCP, the draft charter, workitem 1, specifies usage of
> DHCPv6. When thinking on how this could work, I want to know what
> requirements are.

Right, me too, I think a good question is whether we agree the DHCP
Server sits on a sort of a fixed Gateway to which nodes attach:

     ----------                      ----------
    | Fixed    |                    | Fixed    |
    |DHCPServer|                    |DHCPServer|
     ----------                      ----------
          |                              |
          |                         Fixed Network
          O       Or is it:              |
     o nodes o                      | Fixed    |
                                    |DHCPRelay |

                                     o nodes o

                                    o   o       o
> Did I catch "un-touched DHCPv6" at the meeting?

I think I did hear that too... I think it could be good idea.

Alex