Subject: [AVTCORE] Call for adoption: draft-shin-avtcore-rtp-multi-opus-03 (Ends 2026-06-19)
From: Marius Kleidl via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2026 15:08:05 -0700
List-Id: Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance <avt.ietf.org>

Dear working group,

As mentioned during our virtual interim meeting this week, we are starting a WG Call for Adoption of for draft-shin-avtcore-rtp-multi-opus-03. Sun Shin presented this draft at IETF 124 in Montreal already and has since adapted the document based on the received feedback. We therefore think it's a good time to call for adoption. You can find more information about the draft's background in Sun's slides from the interim: https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/interim-2026-avtcore-02/materials/slides-interim-2026-avtcore-02-sessa-rtpsdp-for-opus-multistream-00

This Working Group Call for Adoption ends on 2026-06-19

Abstract:
   This document specifies RTP/SDP signaling for Opus multistream
   (multi-channel) operation, enabling negotiation of layouts such as
   5.1 and 7.1 in real-time communications.  It defines an SDP encoding
   name and format parameters to describe multistream configurations,
   and specifies Offer/Answer procedures for interoperable negotiation.
   This document does not define new Opus codec behavior.  It extends
   the the SDP signaling defined in [RFC7587] and reuses the
   channel-mapping semantics defined in [RFC7845].

Please reply to this message and indicate whether or not you support adoption
of this Internet-Draft by the avtcore WG. Comments to explain your preference
are greatly appreciated. Please reply to all recipients of this message and
include this message in your response.

Authors, and WG participants in general, are reminded of the Intellectual
Property Rights (IPR) disclosure obligations described in BCP 79 [2].
Appropriate IPR disclosures required for full conformance with the provisions
of BCP 78 [1] and BCP 79 [2] must be filed, if you are aware of any.
Sanctions available for application to violators of IETF IPR Policy can be
found at [3].

Thank you.
[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/bcp78/
[2] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/bcp79/
[3] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc6701/

The IETF datatracker status page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-shin-avtcore-rtp-multi-opus/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-shin-avtcore-rtp-multi-opus-03.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://author-tools.ietf.org/iddiff?url2=draft-shin-avtcore-rtp-multi-opus-03