Re: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-circuit-breakers-14.txt

Colin Perkins <csp@csperkins.org> Thu, 17 March 2016 13:53 UTC

From: Colin Perkins <csp@csperkins.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 13:53:25 +0000
To: IETF AVTCore WG <avt@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-circuit-breakers-14.txt

This version is intended to address AD and OPS Dir review comments. The changes are:

- Rewrite the Abstract, and update Section 1 to clarify what is meant by a circuit breaker.

- In Section 4, clarify that the RTP circuit breaker SHOULD NOT be disabled on networks that might be subject to congestion, even if the peer doesn’t support RTCP, unless there is some other way of detecting congestion.

- In Section 4.3, clarify what information is recorded when RTCP SR/RR report blocks are received.

- In Section 4.4, clarify that the time period that is considered significant is on the order of seconds, of 10s of seconds.

- In Section 4.5, add a paragraph to suggest that implementations might monitor RTCP reception reports, to warn that problems are occurring, before the RTP circuit breaker triggers.

- In Section 8, expand discussion of grouping when different DSCP values are used in a bundled group.

- Move RFC6679 to be a normative reference, rather than informative

There are also a number of minor editorial corrections.

Colin