Subject: [AVTCORE] RFC 9443 on Multiplexing Scheme Updates for QUIC

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 11:09:13 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9443

        Title:      Multiplexing Scheme Updates for QUIC 
        Author:     B. Aboba,
                    G. Salgueiro,
                    C. Perkins
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2023
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Updates:    RFC 5764, RFC 7983

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avtcore-rfc7983bis-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9443

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9443

RFC 7983 defines a scheme for a Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP)
receiver to demultiplex Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS),
Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN), Secure Real-time
Transport Protocol (SRTP) / Secure Real-time Transport Control
Protocol (SRTCP), ZRTP, and Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN)
channel packets arriving on a single port.  This document updates RFC
7983 and RFC 5764 to also allow QUIC packets to be multiplexed on a
single receiving socket.

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC