Re: [AVTCORE] [xrblock] Open issue- identity info repetition indraft-ietf-avtcore-monarch

Colin Perkins <csp@csperkins.org> Mon, 16 May 2011 10:39 UTC

From: Colin Perkins <csp@csperkins.org>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 11:37:28 +0100
To: Qin Wu <sunseawq@huawei.com>
Cc: AVT WG <avt@ietf.org>, xrblock@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [AVTCORE] [xrblock] Open issue- identity info repetition indraft-ietf-avtcore-monarch

Qin,

To my mind, the most important part of the identity block was the correlation tag used to relate RTCP statistics to non-RTCP measurements (draft-clark-avt-rtcphr-02 had something along these lines, although more structured than needed). The tools to save space in RTCP XR packets by removing duplicate identity information when stacking reports are less compelling. Given this, I don't see much value in Section 5.2 of draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch as currently written, and would prefer to see the draft focus on ways to correlate RTP-layer identify information with other identify data.

I'd be interested to hear other opinions though.

Colin