Re: [AVTCORE] Mandatory nature of RTCP

"Schwarz, Albrecht (Albrecht)" <albrecht.schwarz@alcatel-lucent.com> Mon, 09 May 2011 12:40 UTC

From: "Schwarz, Albrecht (Albrecht)" <albrecht.schwarz@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 14:40:02 +0200
acceptlanguage: de-DE, en-US
Cc: "Paul Kyzivat (pkyzivat)" <pkyzivat@cisco.com>, "avt@ietf.org" <avt@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [AVTCORE] Mandatory nature of RTCP

Fully agree to that view, Magnus!

We may also consider the scenarios of "unidirectional RTP sessions", e.g., just an RTP media flow from RTP endsystem A to RTP endsystem B, but not vice versa.
There might be then an associated RTCP control flow, - a bidirectional RTCP or again a unidirectional RTCP flow (e.g. just from B to A, but not vice versa).
Etc