Re: [AVTCORE] Max SSRC declaration: Objection to retrofitting rules

Bo Burman <bo.burman@ericsson.com> Fri, 28 October 2011 15:45 UTC

From: Bo Burman <bo.burman@ericsson.com>
To: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 17:45:22 +0200
acceptlanguage: sv-SE, en-US
Cc: "avt@ietf.org" <avt@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [AVTCORE] Max SSRC declaration: Objection to retrofitting rules

Hello Harald,

I think your objection as well as your proposed replacement text are both very reasonable, and we will update the document accordingly.

Do you think that the proposed "local heuristics" approach will be a generally acceptable method to apply when the proposed attributes are not present? I am aware that it is most likely what will have to be done, but is it acceptable to refer to it in an Internet Draft, or need it somehow be more elaborate?

Best Regards
/Bo B