[AVTCORE] Francesca Palombini's No Objection on draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix-18: (with COMMENT)

Francesca Palombini via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Tue, 18 May 2021 20:34 UTC

From: Francesca Palombini via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix@ietf.org, avtcore-chairs@ietf.org, avt@ietf.org, bernard.aboba@gmail.com, bernard.aboba@gmail.com
Date: Tue, 18 May 2021 13:34:41 -0700
Subject: [AVTCORE] Francesca Palombini's No Objection on draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix-18: (with COMMENT)

Francesca Palombini has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix-18: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix/

COMMENT:

Thank you for the work on this document. I have some minor non-blocking
comments (feel free to take them or leave them), but I'd like some response to
point 6. about the normative MUST.

Francesca

1. -----

FP: Please expand acronyms (CSRC, SDP, BOM, PSTN,...) on first use.

2. -----

      Since
      simultaneous typing by more than two parties is very rare, this
      method can be used successfully with good performance.  Recovery

FP: I had question on this point, i.e. how was it evaluated that simultaneous
typing by more than two parties is very rare, but that was answered in section
1.3 Intended application - so I would suggest adding a forward reference to
that section in the paragraph quoted above.

3. -----

   text stream using the RTP-mixer method.  The capability is indicated
   by use of an SDP media attribute "rtt-mixer".

FP: Please add a reference to RFC 8866.

4. -----

   streams in text format.  This is especially true if support of un-
   encrypted SIP and media is supported because of lack of such support
   in the target endpoints.  However, the mixing for conference-aware

FP: I have a problem parsing this sentence "... if support ... is supported
because of lack of such support"

5. -----

   is the timestamp of packet 102 THAT was received.  So B1 does not

FP: nit - all capitals THAT.

6. -----

   the stream.  Some of them are optional.  Implementations MUST be able
   to ignore optional control codes that they do not support.

FP: I am really unsure how this MUST can be verified for interoperability.
Maybe this does not need to be a BCP 14 MUST?

7. -----

    |(mix)[Bob)] Bob as well.                       | |

FP: one space character too much