[AVTCORE] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-avtcore-cc-feedback-message-08: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Tue, 22 September 2020 07:43 UTC

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-avtcore-cc-feedback-message@ietf.org, avtcore-chairs@ietf.org, avt@ietf.org, Bernard Aboba <bernard.aboba@gmail.com>, bernard.aboba@gmail.com
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 00:43:39 -0700
Subject: [AVTCORE] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-avtcore-cc-feedback-message-08: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-avtcore-cc-feedback-message-08: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-cc-feedback-message/

COMMENT:

Thank you for the work put into this document.

Please find below a couple of non-blocking COMMENT points and nits.

I hope that this helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

== COMMENTS ==

-- Section 3.1 --
In "but overlapping reports MAY be sent (and need to be sent in cases" should
the "need" be a "MUST" ?

-- Section 5 --
In "then the sender SHOULD rapidly reduce", "sender" is somehow ambiguous: is
it the feedback transmitter or the media source sender ?

-- Section 6 --
The mandatory use of "*" appears strange to the non-SDP expert (like myself).
Why transmitting something that is always identical? What is the value ?

== NITS ==
-- Section 3.1 --
As some reader may also wonder like me, why the use of 'L' (at least I am
puzzled)? why not giving one word mnemonic to explain the logic behind this
choice ?

-- Section 7 --
Is there a typo in ""a=ecn-capaable-rtp:"" ?

it is probably redundant to again expand ECN.