Re: [AVTCORE] Comments on draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-supression-rtp-07

Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com> Fri, 04 November 2011 03:46 UTC

Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 11:46:11 +0800
From: Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com>
To: Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com>
Cc: IETF AVTCore WG <avt@ietf.org>, draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-supression-rtp@tools.ietf.org
Subject: Re: [AVTCORE] Comments on draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-supression-rtp-07

----- Original Message -----
From: "Magnus Westerlund" <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com>
To: "Qin Wu" <bill.wu@huawei.com>
Cc: "IETF AVTCore WG" <avt@ietf.org>; <draft-ietf-avtcore-feedback-supression-rtp@tools.ietf.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2011 9:34 PM

On 2011-10-20 11:27, Qin Wu wrote:
> Hi, Magnus:
> Thank for your replies. please see inline.

How does the receiver of a TPLR know that the sender of the
retransmitted data packet will be the media stream source?

And if this if statement is not true, what should the timer value be?

[Qin]: Isn't by the SDES packet. According to RFC4588, section 5.2, the media source MUST
use the same CNAME for an original stream and its associated retransmission stream.

> A receiver should compute an estimate of the round-trip time (RTT) to the original media source
>
> from Sender Report (SR) packets for the original stream, or any other means. The round-trip time
>
> from the receiver to the sender of the TPLR can be calculated from RTCP report round-trip time
>
> if available, or any other means.

I think this needs to be more explicit on how that estimate actually can
be done and what precision we expect in it.

[Qin]: Agree.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com