[AVTCORE] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on draft-ietf-avtcore-multiplex-guidelines-12: (with COMMENT)

Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Wed, 17 June 2020 03:32 UTC

From: Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-avtcore-multiplex-guidelines@ietf.org, avtcore-chairs@ietf.org, avt@ietf.org, Jonathan Lennox <jonathan.lennox42@gmail.com>, jonathan.lennox42@gmail.com
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 20:32:53 -0700
Subject: [AVTCORE] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on draft-ietf-avtcore-multiplex-guidelines-12: (with COMMENT)

draft-ietf-avtcore-multiplex-guidelines-12: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-multiplex-guidelines/

COMMENT:

Thank you for addressing my Discuss point.

A couple things I noticed while reviewing the diff:

Section 3.1's "might not be the choice suitable in another
situation or combination of reasons" seems like it's comparing things of different types.

Section 4.3.1 now has:

   SRTP [RFC3711] as specified uses per SSRC unique keys, however the
   original assumption was a single session master key from which SSRC
   specific RTP and RTCP keys where derived.  However, that assumption
   was proven incorrect, as the application usage and the developed key-
   mamangement mechanisms have chosen many different methods for
   ensuring SSRC unique keys.  The key-management functions have

I didn't try to look at RFC 3711 and see if there was now-believed-to-be-incorrect
text in need of an update or not.  I guess any potential violations of 3711 are
in the "application usage and the developed-key-management techniques" that
we describe, not in this document itself, so there's not really a question of this
document being in conflict with 3711.
Also, nit: s/mamangement/management/