[AVTCORE] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix-18: (with COMMENT)

Robert Wilton via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Thu, 20 May 2021 08:50 UTC

From: Robert Wilton via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: "The IESG" <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix@ietf.org, avtcore-chairs@ietf.org, avt@ietf.org, bernard.aboba@gmail.com, bernard.aboba@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 01:50:45 -0700
Subject: [AVTCORE] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix-18: (with COMMENT)

Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix-18: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix/

COMMENT:

Hi,

Thanks for this document.  This document is quite a long way from my core
knowledge base, so I'm not sure whether there is much that I can really add.
It doesn't seem to have any obvious manageability concerns.

I was initially surprised by the capability exchange mechanism
(offer/exchange), in that if both offeror and receiver could support multiple
options then it is always the the receiver that decides which to use (by only
selecting one).  I think that this is probably fine.  I don't know which
parties generally initiate these exchanges, and whether there is ever a case
where both offeror and receiver support multiple options where it would be
beneficial for the offeror to make the final decision as to which should be
used (e.g., when coordinating between more than two devices).

As one minor nit, I would have preferred to see section 1.2, "Selected solution
and considered alternatives" as an appendix.  I wasn't convinced that it is
core to understanding this document, but I'm happy to leave it to the authors
discretion as to whether they should move it, or leave it where it is.

Thanks,
Rob