[AVTCORE] Zaheduzzaman Sarker's Discuss on draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-vvc-16: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Zaheduzzaman Sarker via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Thu, 16 June 2022 12:59 UTC

From: Zaheduzzaman Sarker via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-vvc@ietf.org, avtcore-chairs@ietf.org, avt@ietf.org, bernard.aboba@gmail.com, bernard.aboba@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2022 05:59:42 -0700
Subject: [AVTCORE] Zaheduzzaman Sarker's Discuss on draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-vvc-16: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Zaheduzzaman Sarker has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-vvc-16: Discuss

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-rtp-vvc/

DISCUSS:

I would like discuss if this specification should be making stronger statement
to enforce the reinterpretation the SDP Offer/Answer model for parameters
sprop-max-don-diff and sprop-depack-buf-bytes.

In section 7.3.2.3, it says sprop-max-don-diff and sprop-depack-buf-bytes
parameter should be interpreted differently than usual interpretation of the
parameters according to RFC 3264. This is a significant change and kind of easy
to miss. This section does not use any normative text to enforce the change
either.

I am also supporting Francesca's discuss.

COMMENT:

Thanks for working on this specification. This is a big task to define payload
format for a video codec.

I would note that the VVC specifications are behind paywall and we are heavily
depended on the interpretation of the authors of the actual specification here.
I hope the specification was somehow made available to the working group to
have a look while developing this specification. Having said that I must thank
the authors for providing details of the video codec specification that made
this review possible.

I have some of observations -

-  Section 4.3.1 : what is the PayloadHdr type for the single NAL unit packet?
is this type not needed here? -  Section 7.3.2 : actually contains both unicast
and multicast considerations but in the beginning of the section only mentioned
unicast. -  Section 10 : I think here AVPF (RFC 4584) is the proper profile
example than 3551. But that for this section.