Re: [AVT] WG Review: Recharter of Audio/Video Transport (avt)

"Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com> Mon, 01 February 2010 11:57 UTC

Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 10:49:39 +0100
From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com>
To: iesg@ietf.org
Cc: tom111.taylor@bell.net, avt@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [AVT] WG Review: Recharter of Audio/Video Transport (avt)

DISCUSS - I am concerned with the disappearance of the RTCP XR MIB from
the charter. I know that this item was delayed a lot in the previous
charter, probably because of lack of bandwidth and enthusiasm, but not
having a MIB module that allows for RTCP parameters to be queried by a
management application leaves the standard space devoid of a tool that
allows for operators to get from the network the RTCP XR information and
correlate it with the other network and QoS information. The capability
of integrated management of networks carrying voice or video traffic is
seriously impacted by the decision to drop this item from the new
charter.

Dan