[AVTCORE] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-payload-rtp-jpegxs-12

Russ Housley via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Thu, 06 May 2021 17:49 UTC

From: Russ Housley via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: <gen-art@ietf.org>
Cc: avt@ietf.org, draft-ietf-payload-rtp-jpegxs.all@ietf.org, last-call@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 06 May 2021 10:49:02 -0700
Subject: [AVTCORE] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-payload-rtp-jpegxs-12

Reviewer: Russ Housley
Review result: Almost Ready

by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

Document: draft-ietf-payload-rtp-jpegxs-12
Reviewer: Russ Housley
Review Date: 2021-05-06
IETF LC End Date: 2021-05-17
IESG Telechat date: Unknown

Major Concerns:

Section 7.2.1:  Does the SHALL related to [SMPTE-ST2110-10] only apply
when TP=2110TPNL or TP=2110TPW?  Please reword to be clear when this
SHALL statement applies.

Minor Concerns:

Section 3.3:  I do not have [ISO21122-2], and obviously an implementer
will need that document.  Can a bit more be said about "the profile"
and "the level and sublevel used" without making this document too
big?  I am able to get a feel for the other things listed here from
their names.

Section 3.4:  Can you please provide some explanation of the "frat
field"?

Nits:

Section 3.2:  I do not understand the the last sentence?  Is it the
same as: It represents sample values of a single image, without any
interpretation relative to a colour space.

Section 5: s/of ST 2110-21 do not /of [SMPTE-ST2110-21] do not /