Subject: [AVTCORE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix-19.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 14:16:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance WG of the IETF.

        Title           : RTP-mixer formatting of multiparty Real-time text
        Author          : Gunnar Hellstrom
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix-19.txt
	Pages           : 49
	Date            : 2021-05-25

Abstract:
   This document provides enhancements for RFC 4103 real-time text
   mixing suitable for a centralized conference model that enables
   source identification and rapidly interleaved transmission of text
   from different sources.  The intended use is for real-time text
   mixers and participant endpoints capable of providing an efficient
   presentation or other treatment of a multiparty real-time text
   session.  The specified mechanism builds on the standard use of the
   Contributing Source (CSRC) list in the Realtime Protocol (RTP) packet
   for source identification.  The method makes use of the same "text/
   t140" and "text/red" formats as for two-party sessions.

   Solutions using multiple RTP streams in the same RTP session are
   briefly mentioned, as they could have some benefits over the RTP-
   mixer model.  The possibility to implement the solution in a wide
   range of existing RTP implementations made the RTP-mixer model be
   selected to be fully specified in this document.

   A capability exchange is specified so that it can be verified that a
   mixer and a participant can handle the multiparty-coded real-time
   text stream using the RTP-mixer method.  The capability is indicated
   by use of an RFC 8866 Session Description Protocol (SDP) media
   attribute "rtt-mixer".

   The document updates RFC 4103 "RTP Payload for Text Conversation".

   A specification of how a mixer can format text for the case when the
   endpoint is not multiparty-aware is also provided.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix-19.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-party-rtt-mix-19

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/