[babel] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-babel-information-model-11: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Wed, 04 November 2020 09:55 UTC

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-babel-information-model@ietf.org, babel-chairs@ietf.org, babel@ietf.org, Donald Eastlake <d3e3e3@gmail.com>, d3e3e3@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2020 01:55:18 -0800
Subject: [babel] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-babel-information-model-11: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-babel-information-model-11: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-babel-information-model/

COMMENT:

Thank you for the work put into this document.

Please find below some non-blocking COMMENT points, and some nits.

I also second Alvaro's question about the source-routing component.

I hope that this helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric
== COMMENTS ==

I have a slight concern that draft-ietf-babel-yang-model is not reviewed at the
same time as the information model but, at least, they will be reviewed in the
right order ;-)

-- Section 3 --
For an informational document, I wonder whether the use of normative "MAY" is
required.

-- Section 3.2 --
About the UDP port, should the Babel default be part of the information model
description ? I would prefer to leave it to the protocol specifications. Same
remark applies to other objects/properties when the Babel default value is
repeated in the information model. What is the usefulness of repeating it ?

== NITS ==

-- Section 2 --
It is probably a matter of taste ;-) but I do not like too much the fact that
all the objects names start with "babel-" as it is implicit.